Join us for our next Lunch & Learn on June 2nd, 2021.
Please mark your calendars and save the date for our next Lunch and Learn with Stephen McCord on June 2, 2021 12PM to 1PM ET.
Topic: How does “competency” impact the level of detail in procedures and the overall risk of successful task performance?
Pushback can occur. People often question why further detail is needed when the person performing the step has been assessed, certified, and declared competent to perform this work.
On June 2nd 2021 at 12PM ET we will answer the question ”Where do you draw the line between accepting competency as a layer of defense to vague guidance if we genuinely believe errors can be predictable, and people are fallible?” and discuss the principles of human performance.
- People are fallible: Even the best people make mistakes.
- Error is predictable: Error-likely situations are predictable, manageable, and preventable.
- Organization influences behavior: The organization influences individual behavior.
- Behaviors are reinforced: People achieve high-performance levels primarily because of encouragement and reinforcement from leaders, peers, and subordinates.
- Events are avoidable: Events can be avoided by understanding why mistakes occur and applying lessons learned from past events or errors.
Click here to register for our next Lunch & Learn on June 2nd, 2021 from 12PM to 1:00 PM ET on GoToWebinar.
Save the Date!
Below, are the dates for Lunch and Learn events through the rest of the year. Discussion topics and guests coming soon!
Lunch and Learn 2021 Series
- June 2, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- August 4, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- October 6, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- December 1, 12:00 – 1:00 PM