Register NOW for our upcoming January 07-10, 2019 Technical Procedure Writer Certification Course (PPA Certification Course PLUS).
Procedure Solutions Management is the industry leader in providing human-factored technical writing courses for procedures and work instructions. These courses provide skill enhancement for all levels of writers and procedure program managers. We developed and provided the first industry standard human-factored technical writing course in 2008 and have taught over 6,000 students publicly and on-site at client locations.
Our courses target:
- Procedure Professional Association (PPA) Certification
- Understanding of Procedure Program roles and responsibilities
- Skill enhancement for procedure and work instruction preparation personnel
- High-level Management of procedure programs and decision making impacts
- Procedure Writing Training – Technical and Administrative
- Work Planner Training
All courses are energizing and interactive. Contact us about providing training on-site or customizing any training courses for your organization.
January 7-10, 2019, Orlando FL
Various industries are increasingly identifying human performance challenges resulting in negative trends in safety, quality and production. Inspection agencies such as the NRC, INPO, OSHA, and CSB, are identifying significant gaps in performance resulting from poorly written and insufficiently maintained procedures including weaknesses in procedure use and adherence guidance. As a result of these negative trends, industry leaders in the nuclear field came together at the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) and Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) and developed three key standards to reverse these trends:
- PPA-AP-907.001, Procedure Process Description
- PPA-AP-907.005, Procedure Writer’s Manual
- INPO 11-003, Procedure and Work Instruction Use & Adherence
Procedure Solutions Management employs three of the original leads involved in creating the industry standards upon which the PPA Writer’s Certification Course is based. They remain involved in the standards today and have trained other company’s PPA certified instructors.
The three standards are widely used across the nuclear industry and are increasingly being adopted in the Transmission & Distribution, Gas & Electric, Refinery, Pharmaceutical and Government areas. Despite the efforts to adopt these standards, inspection agencies and root cause analysis have continued to identify gaps in performance resulting from insufficiently trained personnel that are required to develop procedures and work instructions. As a result, human performance challenges continue to be imbedded during procedure and work instruction authoring with existing errors going unidentified.
Procedure Solutions Management unique PPA certification course is taught by two PPA certified instructors provides the industry standards PLUS:
- The WHY behind the rules. Providing an understanding and industry lessons learned behind the writing rules enables students to apply the principles in authoring documents and become change agents facilitating in education and cultural change of the organization.
- Organizing and Sequencing Steps. A method that is so effective in identifying human factor challenges at the step level in and out of the classroom that we copyrighted it.
- Procedure program impact. Lesson and exercises on procedure program, human factored technical procedure challenges, and operational decision making so writers have a comprehensive understanding of the impact procedures have on improving human performance, consistency, and efficiency resulting in better safety, reliability, and production.
- Real Industry exercises and tools. Technical and administrative (process) procedure examples and exercises and a fully-functional macro-enabled procedure template to develop a full-length technical procedure.
All classes are taught by Procedure Professional Association (PPA) certified instructor. Excellent course for anyone involved in the technical or administrative procedure or work instruction process – program managers, authors, reviewers, beginners to seasoned veterans looking to enhance skills.
Standard or customized classes are available for corporate training.
Public classes available to anyone interested through Procedure Solutions Management Human Factored Technical Procedure Writing Course. This four day class is taught in a college environment to optimize the learning experience. Included in the registration fee is:
- Hard copies
- Flash drive (electronic copies) containing course materials
- Real-time practical exercise to simulate professional work environment
- Professional 2010 MS-Word Procedure template for practice at home
- Academic learning environment equipped with a computer for each student
- Beverages, lunch and mid-afternoon snack for each day
Interest free financing available upon request.
For additional information on corporate or public classes, to register, or for a listing of companies who have used our training contact Stephanie Dodson at email@example.com or 800-278-8904 ext. 703 or click the appropriate link below:
Procedure Solutions Management presents a high-level course for management and personnel associated with decision making that impacts procedure program, policies, directives (standards), procedures or work instructions. The course addresses:
- Program hierarchy and controls
- Why organizations with highly developed procedure or work instruction programs still fail
This course is taught by Stephen McCord, Founder. He has over 30 years of experience working with senior management and leading change. Click here for his profile.
This course is designed for senior level management, procedure program managers and supervisors.
Various industries are increasingly identifying human performance challenges resulting in negative trends in safety, quality and production. Inspection agencies such as the NRC, INPO, OSHA, and CSB, are identifying significant gaps in performance resulting from poorly written and insufficiently maintained instructions including weaknesses in procedure use and adherence guidance.
Procedure Solutions Management has participated with industry leaders to reverse these trends.
The course is specifically targeted to help work planning organizations by developing or improving the skills of work planners in order to write work instructions in a human factored manner. The course or variations of has been taught to a growing audience with immediate results.
Procedure Solutions Management offers a detailed course using industry format and content standards and procedure use and adherence rules to write human factored work instructions. The Work Planner Human Performance Writing Course Includes:
- Hands on writing exercises using industry grade macro-enables MS Word 2010 template.
- All material in provided in hard copy and electronic format.
- Academic environment equipped with computers for each student.
- Professional instructor that managerial experience in work planning and is involved in the industry standards for work planning.
For additional information, contact one of our professional instructors or click the appropriate link below:
800-278-8904 ext. 701
800-278-8904 ext. 702
Click here for instructor profiles.
Today’s work and regulation environment, demands a strong regard among all employees for procedure and work instruction use and adherence.
A key to improving human performance is ensuring that personnel use and follow procedures consistently. This course is designed to make champions out of students that will promote procedure and work instruction use and adherence and effect change within your company culture. Procedure Solutions Management does this by:
- Using industry standard as the foundation for the training material.
- Reviewing current industry examples so true appreciation and understanding is developed.
- Providing practical exercises as reinforcement.
Preparation for this course may include a pre-review of the client’s current procedure use and adherence program to identify current gaps from the industry standard and company events.
This course is taught by Stephen McCord, Founder and CEO. He has over 30 years of experience working with senior management and leading change. Click here for his profile.
Procedure Solutions Management can also adapt courses to train the trainer. Contact us for specific information.